Dress up, bring the family, take pictures, and have fun...WE ENCOURAGE IT!
Please follow all rules for cosplaying & attending ComiCONN in costume at Foxwoods Resort Casino.
ComiCONN respectfully requests that everyone attending honor these policies and procedures for the safety and enjoyment of others.
How do I enter if I have an elaborate costume?
Cosplayers must park in the Fox Tower Garage/ Fox Tower Valet- there will be signs as you approach Foxwoods Boulevard. This entrance is for those guests that have face make up, "prop" weapons, or a mask. This is the closest distance to the entrance to the convention center. Attending fans in costume will have to enter through this point of entry and have "prop" weapons checked by Foxwoods Security or the Mashantucket Police when they come in for public safety. Shuttles run every 15-20 minutes from the Foxwoods hotels and will bring you to this entrance.
Costumes are permitted in the Convention Center, after parties, hotel, lobby and public areas -- BUT wearing a mask, make-up or any type of face coverings is NOT allowed in the gaming/gambling areas. Costumes, masks, face paint and facsimile weapons will be restricted to the Fox Tower Section of the property. Please be aware of your surroundings.
DECISIONS AS TO WHAT CONSTITUTES A MASK OR FACSIMILE WEAPON WILL BE MADE BY FOXWOOD’S SECURITY PERSONNEL, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
Any and all LIVE weapons are NOT allowed.
Cosplay & costume weapons are allowed, but any and all LIVE weapons are NOT allowed. All weapons, props, or anything remotely weapon-like must be checked with Security when you enter the convention. Please make sure anything resembling any type of rifle, hand gun, laser guns, sci-fi blaster, superhero (or villain) gun like apparatus, etc. has an orange tip, cap, or paint on the end. Some props will require a trigger tag for safety. PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES!
The following items are prohibited:
• Firearms of any kind – including BB guns, cap guns, paintball and pellet guns, and airsoft guns, even if it has been disabled or is not loaded. Projectile weapons of any kind, if it can shoot something (even Nerf and water), it is not permitted. Replica firearms of any kind – including reproductions of guns, even if it has been disabled or has an orange tip. NO AMMUNITION OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED. This includes, but is not limited to: Nerf ammunition, Real ammunition, or live or inactive Air-gun/Cap/Pellet ammunition. NO FIREARMS AND/OR PROJECTILE WEAPONS of any type are permitted.
NO LIVE STEEL at all will be permitted on the premises of the FOXWOODS RESORT AND CASINO
• Bladed metal or wooden weapons such as axes, daggers, hatchets, knives and swords, pocket blades, ninja stars and other objects made of metal, which can take an edge, regardless of whether the object is actually sharp.
Blunt weapons – wooden or metal bats, clubs, brass knuckles, mallets, martial arts weapons, whips, golf clubs, paddles. Nunchakus or other regulation martial-arts weapons are NOT permitted.
• Explosives and chemical weapons – including firecrackers and pepper spray.
• Drones, dirigibles, Selfie sticks.
ComiCONN management wishes to emphasize that failure of any attendee, vendor, or guest in adhering to these policies may result in expulsion from the event without refund. Uniformed security will be present to assist in determining if a prop is admissible to the event. These props may include:
• The exceptions to this rule are as follows: Toy guns that look to be 100% toys and cannot fire anything; cannot be possibly confused with a real weapon. Easily identifiable, plastic, toy guns with no moving parts, and that have a clearly visible, non-removable orange tip.
• Plastic shields, Lightweight plastic, PVC props and lightsabers; must be clearly and visibly a prop, Plastic, cardboard or foam props, Bows that are not strung, No hard or tipped arrows.
Prior to entry to the event, all props must be peace bonded by a uniformed officer onsite. The cosplayer will be given a wristband to indicate that they have completed peace bonding. Peace bonding is mandatory. You may also be checked at any time by a ComiCONN staff member or onsite security.
ALL costume weapons must be inspected at the Weapons Check area. Security will thoroughly inspect and mark weapons of any kind, to ensure that they are safe and inoperable. All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law. All weapons must be easily distinguishable from real weapons, and must be constructed from safe, lightweight material. Approved materials are: rubber, plastic, foam, cardboard, and papier-mâché.
If Security decides that a weapon does not meet these criteria, you will be asked to return the item to your car. You must comply with Security decisions. No swinging of weapons, throwing of weapons, or play fighting (with or without weapons) will be tolerated.
Are there any restrictions on what I can wear?
We are a family-themed event; please use your best judgment in keeping your costume tasteful at all times. NO nudity or see-through material exposing body parts beyond the boundaries of good taste will be allowed. If needed, you may be asked to leave by our staff or security.
PROP/WEAPON & COSTUME POLICY
ComiCONN is committed to providing a safe and fun environment for attendees and their families, exhibitors, cosplayers, volunteers, guests and staff.
We will not tolerate inappropriate behavior of any kind, including but not limited to: harassment about attire, age, disability, marital status, race or color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. This also includes, but is not limited to, inappropriate behavior towards any type of cosplay or costumer in any way.
Threatening behavior with the intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, or embarrass another is absolutely unacceptable and is grounds for removal from the event without refund. If unacceptable behavior continues upon being escorted from the show floor, local authorities on site may be asked to pursue criminal charges.
Anyone who sees or feels that their convention experience is being compromised due to unacceptable or questionable behavior of others, they are encouraged to speak with any staff member, volunteer, or security immediately without concerns for their personal safety or repercussions. Our staff and volunteers will be wearing shirts clearly marked as such.
Staff will be located throughout the show floor and venue – however immediately going to Registration/Information desk is encouraged to report your incident.